It’s Sunday night, so that means we’re ready for another installment of ’30-YOC’s Top Ten’.
Tonight I am going to present you with my top ten actors list. And while this list may be highly debatable by some, I have to believe that your preference for the style of entertainment that you like will dictate that actors that appeal to you.
With that being said, you won’t find Robert DeNiro or Jack Nicholson on my list. No Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell either…
Ok, Let’s get this started!!!
Honorable Mention: Morgan Freeman, Clint Eastwood, Will Smith, Matt Damon, Russell Crowe, Forrest Whitaker, Robert Duval, and John Travolta.
10. Tom Hanks – Completed the cycle of comedic actor to dramatic actor better than anyone I have ever seen. I just wish that he would work more…
9. Leonardo DiCaprio – Probably the biggest box office draw of our generation. Leo is solid as a lead actor, and performs each role brilliantly. I would love to see him take on smaller, more minor roles. Teaming him up with other top-notch talent would earn him even more praise.
8. Keifer Sutherland – Known primarily for his role on 24, Sutherland was phenomenal as Jack Bauer. On film, he is just as good – and he plays one hell of a bad guy!!
7. Ben Stiller – The only truly comedic actor I care for. And while some of his roles are questionable, Stiller is very funny. But please, no more Focker sequels.
6. Samuel L. Jackson – An absolute scene stealer. I would guess that Jackson has one memorable scene in every movie he has been in – even the bad ones. It’s very hard not to pay attention to him when he is on the screen.
5. Christian Bale – Probably the most talented guy in the industry today. Bale gets into his character like no other actor around. And the roles are edgy – and pulled off to perfection each time.
4. Ed Norton – So good. If Norton stuck to dramatic and suspenseful roles, his star would elevate to the next level. His timing is solid – now he needs to work on script selection.
3. Mark Wahlberg – Wow, I really enjoy almost every film he has done – and I have seen them all. Wahlberg has become an A-List actor over the last decade, and he continues to get better. It’s just a matter of time before he is holding an Oscar.
2. Denzel Washington – Simply superb. Denzel never does anything poorly – even his bad films. His ability to dominate the screen is unparalleled by any of his peers. Every role he tackles is convincing.
1. Kevin Bacon – My favorite. I just wish that he would work more often. Bacon is such a talented guy; I cannot say that I have ever seen him in a bad movie. And his ability to pull off all roles is excellent – while my preference is for him to be in dark films where he can play a ‘bad’ guy!
And there it is!!!!
Give me your thoughts. And let me knows who cracks your list.
Oh, and next week we’re talking college football as I offer up my ‘Top Ten Canes’ of All-time. This one will be ‘All About The U’!!!