2012 Topps ‘Prime 9′ Home Run Legends Redemption Set – Hank Aaron
The 2012 Topps ‘Prime 9’ sets were issued through redemption cards that were inserted into hobby boxes of the Topps 2012 flagship baseball card set. The cards were numbered and each card represented a specific card it could be redeemed for.
These special insert cards were redeemable only through hobby shops and Topps made these cards available for redemption on a very limited basis.
The card’s design is great, and I have been a fan ever since seeing them. The high-gloss finish is unlike any that I have seen before and I like the fact that Topps rewards the baseball card business owner with such a nice, exclusive offer.
This is the Hank Aaron card from the set:
Some interesting Hank Aaron Home Run facts:
- 534 of career 755 came against right-handed pitchers
- 385 came at home, 370 came on the road
- most against single team is 97 against Cincinnati
- most against any pitcher is 17 against Don Drysdale
- most at road ballpark is 50 at Wrigley Field
- 61 games with 2 home runs; 1 game with 3
- most home runs came in 1st inning – 124
- 399 of 755 were solo home runs